- Boards, Commissions, & Committees
- City Administrator
- City Secretary
- Finance Director
- Human Resources
- Municipal Court
- Police and Fire
- Animal Control
- Water Department
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Contact Us
The Dalworthington Gardens Department of Public Safety is dedicated to providing the best quality police service to the citizens of Dalworthington Gardens and to those who visit our city. We are committed to the principles of justice and equality and carefully select and train the best possible employees to support that commitment. To ensure employee understanding of the importance of fair and equal treatment, departmental policy strictly prohibits the practice known as “racial profiling."
Racial profiling is defined by the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure as a law enforcement-initiated action based on an individual’s race, ethnicity, or national origin rather than on the individual’s behavior or on information identifying the individual as having engaged in criminal activity.
- Department shall accept all complaints from any person who believes he or she has been stopped or searched based on racial, ethnic, or national origin.
- If an officer initiating a stop receives an allegation of racial profiling, the officer shall provide their name and ID number to the individual with information on how to contact the department or the officer’s supervisor and shall provide information on the department’s process for filing a complaint.
- Complaints of Racial Profiling, as with other complaints, must be submitted in writing on the department’s Complaint Form. This form can be found on the city’s webpage or in person at the Dalworthington Gardens Department of Public Safety
- The complaint should be made in a timely manner after the incident so that the details are readily
vailable to the investigating supervisor and prompt attention can be focuses to correct and/or discipline an officer acting in an unacceptable manner.
Once a complaint form has been completed, that complaint form will be forwarded to the appropriate supervisor. The supervisor receiving a racial profiling complaint shall monitor the adherence to the General Orders or SOPs by all employees under their command and shall initiate an investigation into all alleged violations established under the General Order or SOP.
All complaints will be acknowledged and communicated to the complainant who will receive information regarding the disposition of such complaint within a reasonable period of time. When applicable, findings and/or recommendations for disciplinary action, retraining, or change in policy shall be part of the recommendation to the Chief of Police.
Complaints of racial profiling, as with other complaints against department personnel, may be lodged with any supervisor in the department. Complaints can be made in person and in writing to any supervisor at the Dalworthington Gardens Department of Public Safety building.
A racial profiling complaint should be made in a timely manner after the incident so that the details are readily available to the investigating supervisor and prompt attention can be focused to correct and or discipline an officer acting in an unacceptable manner. If you feel you have been racially profiled, it is your responsibility to file a formal complaint. Get the officers name and identification number. They are required to give you this information if you ask.
Newly hired recruits as well as tenured officers and supervisors receive classroom training on the state law and departmental policy and procedures related to racial profiling. Such training is mandated by the new law and standardized through the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement, the regulatory agency charged with establishing, implementing, and maintaining standards for peace officers of the Great State of Texas.
The Dalworthington Gardens Department of Public Safety is committed to taking action when its employees have proven derelict in their duties or are found guilty of wrongdoing. If it becomes necessary for you to make a complaint, you can be assured that it will be thoroughly investigated in a fair and unbiased manner.