- Payment Options
- City Administrator
- City Secretary
- Human Resources
- Finance Director
- Police and Fire
- Municipal Court
- Water Department
- Permits, Inspections, and Zoning
- Animal Control
- Staff Directory
- Contact Us
Garbage & Trash Disposal
Garbage & Trash Disposal
Trash is collected on Tuesdays and Fridays, and recycling tubs are emptied on Tuesdays. Garbage will not be picked up on the following holidays nor on days where inclement weather does not permit. Service will be provided on your next regular collection day:
New Year's Day
Fourth of July
Household Hazardous Waste
The City has an agreement with Household Hazardous Waste Solutions. With this agreement, residents are able to schedule household hazardous waste pickup on a monthly basis. The two methods to schedule a pickup are to go to their website at http://hhwsolutions.com/ or call (972) 440-2040.
Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste Items:
- Used motor oil and used cooking oil (screw top lid)
- Batteries of all kinds
- Paint of all kinds
- Light bulbs of all kinds
- Household cleaners
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids and fuels
- Lawn and garden items including fertilizer, pesticides and weed killers
- Pool chemicals and additives
- Vanishes, strippers, turpentine and stains
- Glues and epoxies
Items NOT Accepted:
- Asbestos / Arsenic / Cyanide
- Business / Commercial waste
- Chemicals not in original containers
- Medical waste / Infectious waste / Sharps
- Nuclear/radioactive waste
- Propane and butane cylinders
- Radioactive Materials
- Tires and trash
- Unidentified chemicals
Trash & Recycling Pick-up
It has been brought to the city's attention that some residents are setting their trash and recycling out days before the actual pick-up day. City Code 13.035 states that all containers shall be placed at the prescribed locations not later than 7 a.m. on the day of scheduled collection. In this regard, it shall be unlawful for any customer to place any container of garbage at said location prior to the day of scheduled collection. Also, please pay attention to the types of items that may or may not be placed in the recycle bins. If you are unsure of these items, please visit the Republic Services website for additional information.
Here is what can be placed in your green recycling bin:
- Glass jars and bottles
- Tin, steel and aluminum cans
- Plastic jugs and bottles
- Junk mail
- Office paper
- Phone books
- Paper sacks
- Cardboard boxes
- Boxes from cereal, crackers, snacks, shoes
- Please flatten boxes when placing in recycling bin.
These items should never be mixed with garbage or recycling and require special handling:
- Medical waste (needles, syringes, lancets)
- Pizza boxes
- Plastic grocery bags
- Aluminum foil and pie pans
- Plastic toys
- Light bulbs
- Pesticide and chemical containers
- Motor oil and antifreeze containers
- Dry cleaning bags
- Wax-coated paper items such as juice and milk cartons or frozen food boxes
- Materials that are soiled with food or grease
Trash & Recycling Regulations
- Garbage, trash, and brush are to be placed on the addressed street curb or designated collection point no later than 7 a.m. on scheduled day of collection.
- Garbage and trash that cannot be placed in plastic bags should be tied in bundles or placed in other non-reusable containers having no outside dimension larger than 4 feet.
- Brush should be cut in 4 foot lengths, trimmed, bundled, and stacked with large ends towards curb. (Bundles not to exceed 50 pounds).
- Maximum weight: 50 pounds per bag or bundle.
- Leaves, grass clippings and other yard waste (depending on type) should be composted, left on your lawn, or you can bring them to City Hall to the compost area located on the west side of City Hall
In addition, the Disposal Company has established the following guidelines in order to better serve you:
- Trash or brush not placed in disposable containers will be collected at the rate of 1 cubic yard per pickup day.
- Dirt, rock, concrete, bricks, or other waste building material will not be picked up. Paint, oil, chemicals, or other flammable or volatile substances will not be picked up.
- Furniture, appliances, and other large household item can be placed on the curb and call before scheduled pick up date to ensure pick up of items.
For information or assistance, please call Republic Services at 817-317-2000.
Frequently Asked Questions
May I burn trash and leaves inside the city limits?
Not at the current time due to dry conditions in our county. Please contact City Hall if you have any questions.